What to Bring to a Tax Site
When visiting a Tax Help Colorado free tax site, please bring the following items:
- Photo identification such as a driver’s license.
- Social security card, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), or a copy of these documents for all family members. Note, a new IRS law requires ITIN renewal, find out if you need to renew.
- All W2s, 1099s and other income-related documents.
- A copy of last year’s tax return, if available.
- Proof of childcare expenses.
- Proof of mortgage interest, property taxes, daycare payments, charitable contributions and all other tax-deductible expenses.
- For college expenses: In addition to Form 1098T from your college, bring your own records of expenses paid for tuition, books, fees and supplies.
- If you received a tax credit to lower the cost of paying for health insurance, bring form 1095-A, which you received from Connect for Health Colorado. Learn more.
- To report other forms of health coverage, you will need one of the following forms: 1095-B, and/or 1095-C.
- Bank account routing numbers to direct deposit your refund.
- For Colorado Rent-Heat Rebate: Bring 2016 rent receipts and heating bills.
Download a complete list of what to bring to a free tax site.